What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which can be stored on your computer or your mobile device upon your visit to websites. In this text file, information is stored, such as your language preference relating to a website. The next time you visit the website, this cookie will be resent to the website. This allows the website to recognize your browser and, for example, to remember your language preference. Cookies usually have an expiration date. For instance, some cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser (the so-called session cookies), while others remain on your computer for a longer time, sometimes until you delete them manually (the so-called persistent cookies).
Cookies can be installed by the server of the website you visit or by partners of that website. A website's server can only read the cookies it has installed itself, and has no access to other information found in your computer or mobile device. Cookies are stored in the folder of your browser on your computer or mobile device. A cookie usually consists of the name of the server that placed the cookie, an expiry date, and a unique number code.
Cookies generally make the interaction between the visitor and the website faster and easier, and help the visitor navigate between the different parts of a website. Cookies can also be used to make the content oradvertisement on a website more relevant for the visitor, and can be adapted to his personal taste and needs.
Who installs these cookies?
- First-party cookies are installed and managed by Proximus. They are specific to the Proximus website that is visited or the Proximus application that is used.
- Third-party cookies are installed and managed by a third party. They are installed during your visit to a Proximus website or use of a Proximus application. They ensure that your visit to the Proximus website or application results in certain information being sent to third parties
How long do cookies exist?
- Temporary cookies (or “session” cookies) are temporarily stored in your browser or application. As soon as you close your browser or application, these cookies are automatically deleted.
- Permanent cookies (or “persistent” cookies) remain on your computer or mobile device, even after you close the browser or the app. They make it possible to recognize you during a subsequent visit to the website. They remain on your device until their expiration date is reached, a new version of the cookie is installed, or you delete them manually.
What kinds of cookies are used by Proximus?
Different kinds of cookies are used on Proximus' websites and in its apps. The use of the type of cookies may vary depending on the app. Moreover, a cookie may have multiple purposes.
Some of our web pages may collect information about your behaviour on our website (eg. product in your shopping cart, actual purchase of our Proximus product) if you accept the relevant cookie consent (“Proximus and third parties to display targeted advertisements”). This information might be shared with third parties like Facebook in order to improve the effectiveness of our own digital advertising campaigns by for example, including our customers to promote specific Proximus offers or by excluding them from campaigns promoting a product they already have or for which they are not eligible (eg. fiber)..
Through this link you can find an up-to-date list of the cookies Proximus uses, who installs them and for which purposes.
Through this link you can change your cookie settings for the Proximus websites.
- List of partners with which Proximus shares cookie information
- Samsung Electronics Benelux B.V., a company incorporated in the Netherlands, under company number 67060269 with offices at Evert van de Beekstraat 310, 1118 CX Schiphol, the Netherlands and a branch office registered in Belgium under company number 0472450079 with offices at Leonardo Da Vincilaan 19E, 1831 Machelen, Belgium. Website: https://www.samsung.com/be/
- Mediahuis NV, Katwilgweg 2, 2050 Antwerpen, www.mediahuis.be.
- Proximus SPEARIT NV, Boulevard du Roi Albert II 27, B-1030 Bruxelles., www.proximus-spearit.be.
- Unizo, Unie van Zelfstandige Ondernemers vzw, Willebroekkaai 37, 1000 Brussel, www.unizo.be
- Partena Professional, Rue des Chartreux 45, 1000 Bruxelles, www.partena-professional.be
- Liantis, Willebroekkaai 37, 1000 Brussel, www.liantis.be
- Ads & Data (Harensesteenweg 226, 1800 Vilvoorde, Belgique ; BCE number : 0809.309.701), More information.
What is the impact of your cookie preference?
If you select a preference on the proximus.be website domain, then this preference applies to all websites with “proximus.be” in the address, as well as to the online advertisement network managed by Proximus. If you use multiple browsers,(e.g. Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome), then you must select a preference for each browser separately.
In case you decide to withdraw your cookie consent for any reason, your choice will be taken into account on our Proximus sites but unfortunately we cannot spread this information to third parties such as Google, Soundcloud... We recommend that you delete your cookies from your browser to make sure those 3rd parties can’t continue to track you outside of the Proximus environment.
How can I see what cookies have been installed on my device and how can I delete/manage them?
- Browser settings
You can refuse the installation of cookies via your browser settings. More information about the removal of cookies and management of the cookie settings for your browser is provided in the following list:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Internet Explorer : https://support.microsoft.com/en-en/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- Safari (MacOS) : https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=en_CA
- Removing cookies:
You can remove cookies already installed on your computer or mobile device at any time.
- Refusing advertisement cookies:
If you want to refuse the advertisement cookies (a.o. from Google or Criteo), you can do so via the website http://www.youronlinechoices.com/
If you do not wish to receive any ads based on your surfing behavior and the remarketing cookies, such as those of Google, you can change the settings of the Google Ads Preference Manager. Google also recommends that you install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Following link contains further information on how you can manage what information your web browser shares when you interact with Google services on third-party websites and apps: https://policies.google.com/privacy/partners.
When Proximus carries out the activities described above, it shares your personal data with subcontractors and partners. They may process personal data in countries where data protection may not offer an essentially equivalent level of data protection as the EU does, but we make sure that they put appropriate safeguards in place before transferring your personal data.